Tuesday, May 8, 2007
~~Me? Tagged? Okie Dokie!~~
Looks like it's my turn to be "tagged for weirdness" by Arlene at Lil Cottage Shoppe!
1. I don't like to eat the ends of french fries ~ I snapped green beans this morning for supper & as I snapped the ends off I realized this must be related!
2. I learned how to type in high school in the 70's so have typed on typewriters for years & before computers. Even when I'm not on the computer my fingers are "typing" ~ especially when I'm watching TV I type what I'm hearing. I'm usually not aware of this but my husband always tends to notice!
3. I would rather be outside digging in the dirt, planting, even pulling weeds than inside cleaning house.
4. I think I need "blog school" because I'm still lost in how everything works! You all make it look so easy so I know I must be missing something. I would love to make a pretty header but I haven't figured out how. I have a terrible time writing a post because nothing ever lines up right - everything shows up all jumbled up instead of neatly on top of each other......lol There must be some simple tips or tricks & I AM going to figure it all out!
5. Anytime I find a bug inside the house I take it outside & set it free - especially crickets - I could never step on one. If a wasp comes in I wait till it lands, put a cup over it, & take it outside.
6. I have always poured my dishwashing liquid into honey bear bottles to sit cutely on my sink!
7. One of our new spring baby chicks got attacked by a raccoon & lost one of her wings. She had fallen over & had been trampled by the other hens. I didn't think she would live so just to keep her comfortable in her last day or so I kept her inside the house for 2 weeks, wrapped warmly in a blanket, petted her, played soft music & sang to her. I named her HOPE & today she is out there with her sisters flapping her one little wing! I couldn't believe she would survive with one wing but she surely did. I can go out & call her name or sing to her & she KNOWS I'm talking to her! I don't think this is weird but most people would think it's weird to sing to a chicken! She's an Americana & will someday lay colored eggs. In the top picture Hope is in the middle!
Just about everyone I've met has been tagged so anyone new that might visit can feel free to tag yourself!