Monday, April 2, 2007

~~Little Hutches & Fun Fiesta~~








I have a soft place in my heart for "little furniture" & over the years I have collected small hutches that take up little space & hold some very special treasures. I've always loved Fiesta but would never have owned any if I hadn't walked into one of my favorite thrift stores several years ago at just the right second. There stacked on a shelf was an entire set of the OLD Fiesta - 40 plus pieces. A lady was just walking away from them & I quickly checked them out & saw that one plate was marked $8.91. I couldn't grab a basket quick enough but made it back to them & carefully put them all in my basket ~~ just in time for the same lady to walk up & say "those are $8.91 for each piece". I know how this thrift store works & already knew it was for the entire set. After telling her this she followed me around the store for the next half hour trying to get them away from me!!! I love their bright colors & the combination of them together & they always make me smile ~ they look like sunshine! Since finding that set I have added a couple of newer pink & blue pieces that I've found at garage sales & my grown children's favorite childhood book "Goodnight Moon" just looks like it belongs with the colors of Fiesta! ~~ My second little distressed shabby green & white hutch holds a special collection of tiny gardening books, birdwatching books, "grape" dishes that I made in high school are behind the orange doors, & the "clove oranges" that I make every Christmas ~ I'm amazed that they still smell wonderful. I enjoy these 2 little child-size hutches & will always treasure my "Fun Fiesta Find"!

5 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

Wow! WoW! WoW! What a find those Fiesta dishes were!!!!! I love your green and white hutch, it's adorable =) Debbie

Verena said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and wanted to say hello!
Your house is really beautiful, I can imagine that you feel "home sweet home" :-)!
Your collection of those colourful dishes is great. I´m always looking forward to such dishes but it seems if the moment it´s not very fashionable in Austria. So I have to wait some more years I guess.
Nice greetings, Verena

Marilyn in NM said...

Kathy, I just love your collections and the smaller hutches. I love the Fiesta! Funny how people are when they want something you have. I had a similar experience in a craft mall about a month ago. I'm so glad you got all the pieces at such a great price!

Anonymous said...

What a deal you got on those Fiesta dishes. That's funny about the lady following you around the thrift store! Those hutches are just sweet.

Manuel

Margo said...

Love your fiesta and your little Hutches. I too collect Fiesta and have a lot of small items in a couple of small hutches. Here are some pics.
http://www.robomargo.com/DSCN3651.jpg
http://www.robomargo.com/Dscn2120.jpg
Mine are doll size though, Each one about a foot to a foot 1/2 tall. Glad I found your blog.