Tuesday, April 15, 2008

~~Love Trip to Fredericksburg~~


Fields of Poppies & Verbena at the Wildseed Farms......unfortunately there weren't many roadside wildflowers like last year's beautiful Bluebonnet fields........not enough rain this year :-(

I have many nicknames but TZ usually calls me Kitty Zam ~ this was my love trip road bag.........this one had a bobblehead puppy & Snoopy coloring book along with lots of goodies.......my last road trip goodie bag had a baby doll & a Barbie coloring book....... :-)
He knows I'm just a little girl at heart!

The Cheshyre Cat Cottage Bed & Breakfast.........


Front porch looking at the woods........

We kept the windows open & could hear this pretty fountain from inside..........


Walking Paths around our Bed & Breakfast..........

Hammock in the Woods.........

Lots of pretty pots of Flowers all along the main street of town............





Fields of Red Poppies............



The old Railroad Bat Tunnel where you can watch tons of bats fly out in the evening............they fly out right behind where TZ is standing..........the train tunnel is in the picture above.....that little green spot in the middle is the opening of the tunnel on the other side.........

The Pretty Arbor where we were married.......it's SO pretty here.....

The old Mill Wheel in the park.......

Yellow Columbine.......

Lots of Roses........



We were all packed & ready to go on our yearly Bed & Breakfast Anniversary Trip to the lovely little german town of Fredericksburg, Texas ~~ I opened my car door & was SO surprised to find my "love trip" goodie bag that TZ had secretly packed for me.....inside was a fuzzy little bobblehead puppy because he knew I would miss Cabo & Cookie so much......a Peanuts Coloring Book & box of crayons.......potato chips......gum.....& a big pack of Almond Joy mini Candy Bars! SO sweet & brought me to tears before we even left the driveway......the love trip!

And what a fun trip we had! Fredericksburg is one of our favorite places because we were married in that pretty town underneath a beautiful outdoor wisteria arbor in a gorgeous park full of roses, columbine, iris - tons of pretty flowers & statues, an old mill wheel. We go back almost every April & I especially love it because it's early spring & everything has turned green ~ lots of flowers everywhere ~ huge red geraniums which is on the top of my next Lowe's list!

This year we chose the Cheshyre Cat Cottage Bed & Breakfast ~~ the sweetest, most peaceful & serene place all tucked away outside of town in the middle of trees with paths lined with gazing balls, hammocks, peace & quiet. We did the walk up & down the main street of beautiful shops & restaurants but most of all we enjoyed the flowers, Wildseed Farms, Luckenbach, & the old railroad Bat Tunnel. Instead of shopping the shops we looked for garage sales & thrift stores ~~ there is a thrift store there that I could spend hours in! And we always get lots of inspiration for new gardening ideas, projects, & instead of buying anything in the shops we get great ideas for things to go home & make ourselves!

It was a very happy, fun, & special anniversary love trip to a beautiful place with lots of memories!

It's always nice to come back to home sweet home though & we have ideas galore to get started on in the garden!

11 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh Sweetie, what a wonderful "love" trip for your anniversary. Your Hubby sounds like special man....a real keeper! Can't wait to see pictures of your garden as the flowers grow. :-) Rosie

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures from your trip. And how awesome that you got married in that pretty little town. Ilove Fredericksburg and the area around it. And I am working on finishing my pond!!

bj said...

Oh, my...Fredericksburg is, by far, one of my FAVORITE spots on Earth.
So glad you had such a nice time...
hugs, bj

Anonymous said...

BEAUTFIL photos! The one of you in front of the flowers is sooo pretty! I love the idea of a bag full of surprises, I might start using that idea myself.

Sat is the Decatur citywide. I'll be at 700 W Mulberry if you're in town. Probably nothing you'd want, mostly baby junk. We made $200 last weekend.

Go give Rose a hard time for me!

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

How wonderful that you had such a great trip. I love going to Fredericksburg. Love seeing all of the great pics of your trip.

Hugs:)

Irma

meg said...

Sounds like a great getaway & Happy Anniversary!
I've been told stories about Fredricksburg by my folks- I'm from Austin, but we moved to CA when I was 2- & have wanted to visit for the longest time. Hmmm...my anniversary is coming up in Sept...Hubby loves TX

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

you know the b and b looks alot like your little cabin that you and TZ built back in your woods. Have you ever thought about renting it out for a weekend? You could serve homebaked cinnamon rolls and earl grey tea for their breakfast and include the Saturday night fish fry at the store down the street.Do it!! Your sister linda lou

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Kathy,
I love Fredricksburg! I love to drive through there going to San Antontio. It's the long way but I don't care. I wish you had seen bluebonnets. I long to see fields of them and of course I love cotton fields too. Less then a month and I will be in Texas for the whole summer. I can't wait!
Hugs,
Laurie

joyh82 said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Love the beautiful flowers. I have never been to a b&b but this one looks very nice.

Donna Lynn said...

It looks like you have a love-ly trip with your hubby! He is so sweet to do the love bags for you, what a wonderful man!! The Texas wildflowers are so beautiful, I do miss the blue bonnets...
Thanks for the post, I enjoyed the visit, Donna Lynn
P.S. Love those chickens, sorry about your mean rooster.

Suzanne said...

What a fun trip! I have an aunt who lives in Fredericksburg...and we love to visit her! :)