Monday, October 8, 2007

~~A Little Red Jewel in a Sunny Spot~~








The back room of our house is our "mud room" ~ just a little room where we come in from outside....it's main purpose is for packing ebay stuff because my ebay closet where I store what I sell is just off of this room. We've had an old plaid couch back there just to have something to sit on but during a walk through our favorite flea market there sat a little "red jewel"!

This little antique love seat is very old, with springs & straw inside, wooden turned legs, & best of all it's RED!....my favorite color! And even better than RED it was only $20 & happened to just fit in the back of our Santa Fe so that I could bring it home. I really fell in love with this little antique ~~ it's not perfect so it fits in perfectly ~ but still in good shape for it's age & I adore it!

Some of my favorite things in this room are the picket fence garden picture & the red geraniums picture, both painted by my very talented mom ~ she also made the stained glass hanging in the window ~~ the little girl mask with grapes is Fitz & Floyd - one of my favorite garage sale finds that I've researched & have never found anything like it....I bought it to sell but couldn't part with it - she's so unique & too cute!

I've filled the wicker basket with some of my favorite Fall back issues of Home Companion & Romantic Homes - a nice reading spot. I love sun rooms & since I don't really have one I like to think of this as my mud~sun~room~parlor! It's bright & sunny & a quiet cozy corner in kattz*cottage! ~~

15 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a sweet little corner....I love the red settee.....wish I had seen it first! :<)

PAT said...

The room is great! And the little red settee adds to the charm.

Pat

Suzanne said...

What a sweet little seat! Love how it looks in your mud room. We have a Sante Fe too, lol...I love mine!

Brenda said...

Looks great and what I deal! I love red.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Loving the little red settee! And $20. ?!?!?!!? What a great deal! And I see so many other things in that room that I love too! Thanks for sharing it all!
Barbara

Marilyn said...

Oh I just love the red settee! I'm such a fan of red anyway so it immediately caught my eye. What a great find!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the visit.wished I could bring my blue mugs over and sit on your new love seat!

Laurie said...

Oh I love your red jewel. What a treasure you found! You have some beautiful things in your mudroom and I have to add that I have never seen a mud room decorated to lovely before.

Laurie

Julie said...

That room is way to pretty for MUD! ha hah.. You have a cute blog!

She'sSewPretty said...

I can't believe you found that cute settee for $20.!! Such a deal and such a cute addition to your already cute mud room.

toothfairy said...

I am enjoying your blogspot for the first time. I found we have a few things in common Red and the little church terrarium in your "mud" room. I wish I had a sunroom too! I have tried to turn my extra bedroom into a "garden guest room" using of course the color red to make it pop! I will stop in again soon to see what you are up to. You are a fun place to spend time.Jan at Daylilylane

Jacki said...

This is my first visit here. Loved the pics, and am sure I'll be back!

Jacki

the feathered nest said...

This looks like a cozy corner! Love the settee and $20 is a fantastic price. Red is my favorite color too!

Manuela

Kathleen Grace said...

Kathy, your back entry is so pretty and I LOVE that red setee! Only $20? What a steal! What a charming comfortable back entry!

Sven said...

Good JOb! :)