Monday, March 19, 2007

~~Water Gardening & Roses~~





My Rose Garden ~ I don't know how I ended up with so many other plants in this garden since it is the rose garden! I have my work cut out for me to move alot of them to other places in the garden. My sister Linda was my inpiration for water gardening - one trip to her house & you HAVE to have a Pond! I have dug several ponds since I first saw hers & this is my 1891 Cottage pond. We found many old, colorful, & unique bottles & other gadgets when we dug this pond. Our house was built in 1891 so it's amazing to think those things may have been buried there that long! These pictures are from last year ~ but it's all getting ready to bloom again & tomorrow is the 1st day of SPRING!



























2 comments:

FourSistersInACottage said...

Oh Kathy....I love your house and your gardens and everything about it!!!
I moved out of my 1890 Cottage House 2 years ago this April and still miss it....
Thanks so much for sharing with us your beautiful place...
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Anonymous said...

What a cute house and lovely gardens! Do you have more pictures of your pond that you can post? I'm building a pond and need some ideas of how to landscape around it. I'll check out your ebay auctions today.
Welcome to the world of blogging!

Manuela